Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Diablo III PTR Updated Jan 23, 2013, 12:06 ItBurn

Undocumented Alien wrote on Jan 23, 2013, 12:04:
I miss the way Diablo (1) did Attributes and Spells. Yes, they had 3 classes, but, you could tweak and modify them to make, for example, a Warlock (Warrior with decent spell casting) or just a straight up Warrior (pour points into Strength etc.). And playing as the Wizard was always (mostly) a unique experience from character to character as you were never guaranteed the same build (spells) as the spell tombs were drops, which I believed added to the value of exploring every inch of a level.

I'd love top see Diablo (1) redone in todays technologies (graphics, etc.). I miss that each game was a true unique experience and each build was pretty unique as you were a product of the drops the game gave you and the control you had over attribute points.

I guess the Torchlight games are closer to that, but I'd still love to see Diablo (1) redone.

So... my suggestion to them would be a re-write...

Yeah I really liked the spell system from D1. Made it fun to explore and find things. They actually had something similar in D3 before it got Jayed. You would pick up the skill runs as loot. Also, there were a lot more of them...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo