Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm Opening Cinematic Jan 22, 2013, 19:16 Cyanotetyphas

panbient wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 17:21:

After the original SC2 and it's 'totally not linear' campaign packed with scripted mission after scripted mission to teach you how to use a bunch of new units that you only ever use in that specific mission and don't even show up in MP; I'll be waiting until it's out and properly reviewed before spending any cash.

I'll never understand why they did this. Its not 1998 anymore, there is no excuse to release a game with fewer units. I know its complicated to balance things but they had a goddamn decade. And on top of it they taunt you by showing you all the toys in the campaign, but no, don't touch in MP. No Zerg Leviathan, no firebats(???), no science vessels, no wraiths, no diamondbacks(really blizzard? These hunks of junk ruined your precious balance somehow?).

Honestly, their MP is still quite good but it's mystifying why they refused to evolve. You want to know why everyone complains about metagame stagnation, its because there's only 3 builds per race (and number three for my favorite zerg is the hacked together queen-spines builds).

EDIT: They left so much shit out of MP I couldn't even remember it all. Here's a few more: Goliaths (ground to air mechs), Predators (cyber cats), vultures, dropships, and Spectres (aoe ghost alternative)

This comment was edited on Jan 22, 2013, 19:22.

Synthetic Error - Entertainment bloggin http://syntheticerror.wordpress.com/

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo