Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

27. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 22, 2013, 13:41 NegaDeath

Quboid wrote on Jan 22, 2013, 12:33:
Aside from Metro, is Windows 7 better than Windows 8 in any way?

This is more of a personal preference but the Windows 8 Aero theme is ugly. It makes the desktop look cheap, like a Windows 95 clone or something. Aero Glass in Vista/7 is much nicer with its drop shadows, smoothed edges and transparencies. Default file associations for 8 make things open in Metro regardless if your in Metro or Desktop mode. They changed the classic file menu in file explorer to an Office style Ribbon which annoys people.

Aside from the missing start menu that I do occasionally still use that was all I can recall from the short time I had 8 installed (a few weeks). As much hate as 8 gets (and deserves) most of it is fixable with 3rd party programs. Can't fix it being beaten with the ugly stick yet though.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo