Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Miner Wars 2081 Adds Offline Mode Jan 21, 2013, 21:35 Aero

nin wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 20:49:
and weird stuff it put in my Windows startup list without asking.

What was it? I've not installed it yet. Was it via the steam version, or a download directly from them?

Oh, nothing really especially shady, and certainly not nefarious. It was probably the result of a bug with the installation process (version downloaded from their site) but, my startup list has an entry called:

{a8959312-9179-420b-a900-1fd74ad5f68d}

from "Unknown" manufacturer, pointing to my 'Downloads' folder, to execute: "MinerWars_TEST_01_088_000_Setup.exe /cmdloc "HKCU\Software\Keen Software House AiTemp\{a8959312-9179-420b-a900-1fd74ad5f68d}""

Which I had deleted after running the setup program. Definitely didn't make me happy when I first saw it though, making me satisfy myself it wasn't itself, or the result of, something nasty. I imagine it has something to do with their do-it-yourself, not-DRM, DRM.

edit: Oh, and obviously, to be fair, that was from the beta installation (though only about a week or so before the final was released).

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo