Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

72. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 21, 2013, 20:51 Reactor

Suppa7 wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 16:05:
Reactor wrote on Jan 20, 2013, 21:14:
Trying to put people liking the game down to 'kids' and their lack of knowledge is moronic, plain and simple.

No it isn't, kids don't have a gaming history going back 20+ years. So even a shitty game will seem AWESOME because there is nothing to compare it against in their limited lifetime thus far.

It's the same way how many console call of duty players can't get into quake because they never grew up playing Quake 1, quake 2 and quake 3. They will say things like "I can't get over the graphics bla bla bla". That is a sign you're not really a gamer, since gameplay is not what you play games for but aesthetic cinematic experiences aka cod and it's clones.

It's a totally rational and valid observation that applies to millions of people.

Aside from you trying to fill me in as if I'm 4 years old, is it an observation or is it not? You say, "no" as if your opinion is fact and then you say it's an observation. Unless you have a white paper with some stats on it we're not talking fact. You're right you have a rational observation, but it's still stupid to throw your angst against a portion of society when all you have to go on is a guess.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo