Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

72. Re: EA: Possible All-Games Bans for Unreported SimCity Beta Bugs Jan 21, 2013, 14:55 Verno

Satoru wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 13:05:
My point was that people think EULA are illegal. They are not as they are contracts. Specific provisions may be unenforceable depending on the clause or local law, but even that in no way makes them "illegal". People need to get it into their brains that EULA are contracts an are enforceable world wide.

I know what you were saying, I just have no idea why you are quibbling about the terminology applied when you understand perfectly well what they meant. Just because someone enters into a contract does not mean the terms are always binding. It really depends too much on the details to make generalizations IMHO.

If EA kills your account because they have proof that You withheld a bug during the beta, then you have no recourse. There is nothing illegal about it. Even if proving it would be quite difficult.

If the products depend on access to the account and there is no refund or recourse then I can see a lawsuit challenging that sort of provision happening and I could see merit in it but again, it depends on where its being challenged.

Playing: Alien Isolation, 7 Days to Die, Dragon Age Origins
Watching: The Canal, Brazil, The Town That Dreaded Sundown

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo