Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Stronghold Kingdoms Boasts 1.5M Players Jan 21, 2013, 13:25 eRe4s3r

SH3? I still have it installed and tested every patch but "lately" no.. after the last patch, and then never again It is no longer crashing and most economic issues have been fixed.. As I said, it is more or less fun.. were it not for how the stone walls and anything relating to that works. Sadly "everything relating to that, includes barracks and armory. If you think of putting them inside a wall (they have walls as part of the model)... don't do it. ^^ Also never put stairs or anything on a wall while troops stand on it. And make sure you watch for gaps.. ah those gaps...

There is nothing good to say though. As a game at the core, Stronghold 3 is bad, it neither does combat well (it does it extremely badly), nor diplomacy (doesn't have any). The maps are way too small, and there is barely any space to really build a castle. Well, actually there is not a single campaign map where you really can build a large castle.

I don't want to be so negative because I invested a lot of time with Firefly games but ever since they started going 3D.. it's been a downhill ride. I have to yet to see anything indicating that Firefly Studios can make a 3D castle builder that is not horrible in some way.

Also one of the major issues with Stronghold 3 is that units on walls don't have a range bonus nor armor bonus (you'd think hiding behind stone walls protects you..). One of the fundamental oversights, making walls LITERALLY completely absolutely and totally USELESS.

There is literally no reason to build walls in Stronghold 3, apart from building a maze for breaking the AI pathfinding (another issue...) the AI can't handle if you don't "enclose your keep" it runs around making it possible to build tower defense mazes with walls...

I would link you to my SH3 screenshot gallery on steam, but I can't actually see my screenshots anymore, they load so slowly hehe.. Don't really feel like playing it right now...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo