Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

10. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 21, 2013, 11:52 Verno

Creston wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 10:51:
Speedy CPU? An eight core 1.6 Ghz? We're calling that speedy? I call it fucking stupid. Few, if any game developers, will use all 8 cores (even on the PC we're just seeing games start to use 4), but the SLOOOOOOW clock speed is going to hamper this thing like nobody's business. Come on, Sony, MS, use a quad core 2.6 or 3.0 Ghz. Stop fucking putting all these shitty-ass components in your boxes..

Errr you can't judge a CPU based on the clock speed alone. It matters but there are other considerations and for a console that's plenty depending on the architecture and power of the GPU. A 1.6ghz Sandy Bridge processor will wipe the floor with a 4.0ghz Netburst era processor in every measurable way. IPC related metrics are really what matters these days, aside from power restrictions. A 1.6ghz burstable multicore CPU is perfectly fine for a console, they run embedded operating systems that are very low on overhead.

What I am really interested in is a new controller design for the PS4. Dual shock is a touch too light and the triggers are too mushy. The tops of the analog sticks lack any contact points and hand sweat makes them harder to handle. The 360 controller has its own flaws, its notorious for floating dead zones and the dpad sucks ass without the $80 SKU, it's also a touch too meaty. Something just in between of both would be perfect. Oh and go with standard batteries this time please Sony.

This comment was edited on Jan 21, 2013, 12:01.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo