Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 21, 2013, 09:34 Verno

Eirikrautha wrote on Jan 21, 2013, 09:15:
OK... as much as I hate Windows 8 and the Xbox... there is no way Microsoft is going to bail on their console line. It gives them too much visibility. When you can stream Netflix, or watch MLB or NHL games on it via subscription, etc., it's become a media device as well as a gaming one. They'll never walk away willingly.

Sure but its costing them a lot of money. To keep it up they need to keep investing every 5 years into R&D too, that's not counting what it will cost to keep up with their competitors on the software end of things. Microsoft isn't really a gaming company, the half dozen profitable quarters from the Xbox are a penny in the coffers. This guy is approaching it from a numbers perspective and he's right, the numbers don't make much sense. What he's saying isn't anything new though, they have been rumors of dissension in Microsoft about it for awhile now.

I don't think anyone could really afford to buy it though and I doubt Microsoft will get rid of its only successful marketing brand in over ten years.

As for the PS4, the specs sound good... but it's the interface that matters. How many developers have complained about the complete mind-screw that is coding for the PS3? Will that get fixed, or have Sony just added 2 more cores to the mess...?

The Cell architecture was a pain in the ass but this time around they chose more homogenous parts supposedly. I guess we'll see though.

Playing: South Park, Dark Souls 2
Watching: Enemy, Network, Wer

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo