Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

25. Re: Skyrim Dragonborn Next Month Jan 20, 2013, 21:36 Quinn

NoodleFish wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 10:37:
I too am about to gear up for another play through. Can anyone recommend some worthwhile mods to install? I've pretty much only used SkyUI as I was trying to keep things vanilla on my first play through.

Sounds of Skyrim (extra sounds, like birds chirping, falmer moaning in the distance within a cave, etc)

Birds (more birds, flocks flying up from trees when you for example shout etc)

DYNAVISION DoF, or something (lets you adjust the vanilla DoF, very user friendly and nothing of that ENB DoF crap that shouldn't be meant for playing). I love this mod because I made it give the far distant silhouettes of mountains a subtle blur, making them less edgy etc.

Unequip Quivers, or something (makes you automatically unequip your quivers when you're not using your bow, and re-equip them when you do)

Climates of Temriel, gives you 500+ new weathers plus sound effects and a much much prettier sky. I edited the ENB though, disabling SSAO and that dynamic DoF. The sunflare and the way the sunrays seep through the trees and over mountains, walls and buildings is an amazing, amazing visual addition to the game (imo!).

These mods are a subtle improvement to the game. Keeping it very much vanilla, but with a strong immersive effect and much better visuals.

"Moo," she said.
And I trembled.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo