Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

57. Re: Rob Pardo on Jay Wilson and Diablo III Jan 20, 2013, 21:14 Reactor

Maybe people were just really disappointed with the game. Blues rocks, you suck.

Blues may rock, but the place is still filled with the kings of bitching and moaning. Anyone who's been here for a long time will happily admit that. It's part of its charm

The reality is most kids who love diablo 3 have no barometer for game quality, hence bluesnews is filled with older experienced hardcore gamers who played the first two games.

Gee, I don't think you managed to generalise enough there. You might want to try a bit harder and start breaking things down to skin colour.

On a side note, you make it sound as though 'older experienced' gamers are those that played D1. I'm a golden age gamer. The Diablo series was very late on in my gaming career. If you use Diablo 1 as starting point for those who are experienced and therefore have a, "barometer for game quality", you're opinion on the topic is worthless.

I imagine only a minority of Diablo 3 players played diablo 1 and 2. Since Diablo 1 + 2 were primarily PC games and they sold a lot less than world of warcraft. World of warcraft pulled in a new generation of kids who's gaming tastes are the most tasteless and banal in all of gaming.

I think imagination is all you have to go with on that one.

I realise some people don't like D3. Some people had specific expectations for what it'd be and it didn't live up to those. Some people just don't like it for some reason or another (the way it looks, plays, or sounds) and some people just don't like the balancing. Fair enough.

But that doesn't take away from the fact that some people actually get entertainment from it. I play it once and week with my brothers and it's pretty much what I recall from D2, but with easily accessible multiplayer. We ignore the auction house. We know the game isn't perfect. We remember the other Diablo games weren't perfect either.

Trying to put people liking the game down to 'kids' and their lack of knowledge is moronic, plain and simple.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo