Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

46. Re: Gas Powered Games Layoffs Jan 19, 2013, 16:52 Sepharo

Stormsinger wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 16:41:
Sepharo wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 16:36:
Stormsinger wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 16:31:
Clear enough this time?

Yes, it is clearer now, you are blaming programmers who get into business for the industry's woes. Pretty silly but so are nearly all generalizations like that.
Yeah, I guess it is silly to think that poor management accounts for most business failures...it's -much- more reasonable to think that the game industry is just "special" and ever so much more difficult than any other industry.

That's not what I nor you said.
Poor management... Fine.
But you said poor management because of programmers and then in your clarification made that even clearer. Many of the most successful companies in the industry are managed by former programmers and the software/gaming industry as a whole is greatly comprised of people working in non-programming positions who started off coding. You see a failure and point at a former progammer now failing at business but ignore the successful ones and the failures by people who've never programmed. It's silly.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo