Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

7. Re: Evening Mobilization Jan 19, 2013, 01:15 PropheT

Verno wrote on Jan 19, 2013, 00:05:
You're way off base about FF12 though. The game has its flaws but the meta-game stuff isn't one of them, it's strictly there for completionists and is totally optional, you have to go out of your way to find it. It's great because it gives the game a lot of replay value and stuff to do aside from the main story. Sure theres some grind and Strategy Guide type stuff but that's what most players are looking for from an FF game.

FF12 is actually one of the best in the series, in my opinion, if it can be seen through to the end. There's a horrible lull in the middle of the game that I think stopped most people from ever seeing the really great parts of it. The mechanics are complex and definitely on the obtuse side, but I'd take them any day of the week over FF13's Paradigm system...which got inexplicable praise in the critical department.

FF13 is going to be a franchise killer if they keep insisting on putting out more games from that storyline. The story wasn't fantastic to begin with, the characters are only okay, the game takes at least 20+ hours to get to the part where you are required to do any thinking to play it, and so on. Tie that in with the disaster of FF14 and it's only a testament to the earlier games that anyone even cares what they're doing with the series anymore.

The honest truth of it is that the best Final Fantasy game to come out in years wasn't even a Final Fantasy game... it was Lost Odyssey, a game that way too many people overlooked on the 360. It's an awesome game, and beat FF at using its own formula; anybody who likes any of the FF games should check it out. It's not without some annoyances, just like any FF unfortunately, but it's great.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo