Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

13. Re: New Evochron Mercenary Jan 19, 2013, 00:59 jimnms

Although I bought it on sale last year, I didn't start playing it until recently. It does have a story and a goal, I guess ItBurn didn't pay attention to the message at the start of the game instructing you to go to a certain planet and accept a specific job to begin the story.

You can ignore the story and do your own thing, which is what I did at first. When I tried to use the jump drive and go to the planet, it said my jump drive wasn't capable of making the jump. I didn't realize you could set the auto pilot and it would plot a course making several jumps (or do it yourself manually), and there was a jump gate near by that took you closer.

I thought I needed to upgrade first, so I hung around the starting star system doing odd jobs to upgrade my ship. I finally started the story missions, which so far are basically tutorial type missions that I'd already done. I was having fun I got to the combat part of the story missions.

I guess the missions scale to your rank or something because I constantly get my ass kicked. I looked in the forums and found a link to some tutorial videos, and when the guy gets to the mission I'm on, he only has to take out two weak ass ships. When I get it, it will be either 3 or 4 tougher ships. The closest I got was when it was 3 ships. I managed to take out two, but had to use my jump drive go get out. My hull was damaged, and there happened to be a station nearby. I docked, repaired and went back to the location where the ships were, but the last ship was no where to be found.

I went in the game intending to play as a mercenary, doing whatever to make money, but not primarily a fighter.

Steam Profile

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo