Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Vendetta Online Kickstarter Jan 18, 2013, 16:37  1ncarnate 

No, we can't afford to do this on our own, not on anything approaching the timescale I've outlined. That's the whole point. If I already had these funds in addition to what capital we have, I would not be asking for it, period. One way or the other, we *are* risking our own capital, these funds are only enough to close the gap to make the near-term timeframe realistic.

If you could write a book over a length of 20 years, does that make it morally questionable for you to offer a Kickstarter allowing you to write the book in one year? What about if it would take you 5 years on your own? A big part of the point of Kickstarter is about reaching a critical mass that allows something creative to come to fruition.

There is a similar critical mass to a major game expansion on a complex MMO title. All this does is give our 4-person company the resources to focus purely on development for enough time to make this happen cohesively. If we did it without additional support it would probably take us several more years.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo