Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 18, 2013, 12:55 Verno

ASeven wrote on Jan 18, 2013, 12:29:
MS and Sony are going to lose a load of money with the sales of the hardware with those specs if they are true. If they price the consoles low they will take a massive cost hit per console unlike anything seen till today, not even the PS3 and Xbox360 took such a massive margin. If they price the consoles higher the demand will drop too much.

I'm starting to see a lose-lose scenario.

That's assuming they sell below cost (likely $300ish), it's quite possible they won't. I doubt we'll see a $700 PS again but $400-500 consoles is possible. Assuming I get a console at all next gen, it'll be Sony all the way. Microsoft started out the console gen with a lot of interesting exclusives and providing a lot of value for Live but ended it on a really poor note with adspam, huge areas of Live neglected and few exclusives. Sony had a much rougher start but continued improving despite some noticeable stumbles and their exclusive library was really diverse and interesting, they funded a lot of cool first party titles especially.

Playing: The Last of Us Remastered
Watching: Intruders, Coherence, The Rover

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo