Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: More on CD Projekt RED's Upcoming Announcement Jan 17, 2013, 22:31 qsto

StingingVelvet wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 20:31:
I like complete open worlds a lot, but part of me is sad to see another game with segmented and very different areas like this go away. I'm not sure why the Deus Ex style of several mini open worlds appeals to me, but it does.

Either way can't wait for anything these guys make.
I can deffinitely attest to the attraction of multiple enclosed instances, rather than a single huge chunk of a world. Too often the "entirely open" gameworlds tend to be somewhat of a reprise through and through. When the dev actually splits the world into different smaller segments, each area becomes a lot more visually and thematically distinctive of eachother.

Having said that, CDPR is now in a position where I would be willing to throw my moneys at them without even knowing what that money will go to. They have convinced me that they truly care. Something that cannot be said about 90% of devs today.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo