Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

5. Re: Morning Q&As Jan 17, 2013, 11:43 Jivaro

xXBatmanXx wrote on Jan 17, 2013, 10:49:
DayZ creator is angry at War Z.

Is he also mad at MSFT for making their game?

No, he is mad at the situation that has developed around the game and how it affects the perception of his game. He isn't saying that there is anything anyone can do about it or that he is going to go get a therapist to cry to. He is just saying that a game with a similar name and purpose was built up by the media prior to launch and then absolutely slammed by the media immediately after launch, and that he feels like it affects the perception of his game because of things not in his control. The other game compares itself to his game, the media compares the other game to his game....and meanwhile all he can do is work on his game. He even says that he understands that most gamers know the two games are not developed by the same people, but it bothers him that some do or will think less of the genre because of this whole thing. Sounds fair enough to me. Good games can make a genre popular, like Doom or GTA did for their respective categories, and bad games can probably do the same thing. Same with company business practices. A few investment companies get roasted for screwing people over, now investment bankers are the ultimate evil.

Nothing exactly earth shattering in the interview. Seems all rather obvious to me. If I was him I would take every opportunity to separate myself and my game from War Z and it's developers as well.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo