Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Gone Gold - Aliens: Colonial Marines Jan 16, 2013, 17:45 Wallshadows

The problem I've had with the AVP games is that they're in a self-contained universe which has zero outcome. While I can certainly appreciate Rebellion and Monolith for giving us these modern AVP games (even AVP3), it never felt like there was any start or finish to the story with each new title. It always boiled down to what was essentially a copy and paste from the previous title rather than expand upon it and deliver a much larger experience to the point where the movies for AVP and AVP:R had more of a story arch than any of the AVP games.

At least with an Alien-centric experience, you can pin down its location in the story and get a sense of progression to help bridge the gap which is what CM is allegedly going to do. It'll give you the opportunity to play through events which are at least tied in to something much larger rather than play what felt like an anthology.

There's nothing wrong with AVP (with the exception of the movies), it just never felt like your actions had consequence or that any of it really mattered given the separate layout of each title. It felt more like Rebellion and Monolith were trying to see who had the biggest dick with their 'origins' vision rather than make an intricate, interconnected series.

It's up to Gearbox to fulfill their word and make CM stand on its own without the assistance of a Predator while also satisfying the Alien fans prior to Resurrection and that's a tough feat to perform.

This comment was edited on Jan 16, 2013, 17:51.

It says on your chart that you're fucked up. Ah, you talk like a fag, and your shit's all retarded.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo