Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

60. Re: Edge: Valve, Mojang Jan 16, 2013, 00:54 Sepharo

Yeah I don't get it, sorry bro. Calling it digital lego is not a diss on Minecraft or something. The creative building element of it will be the most recognized and likened to a real world component (lego). I'm talking more meta and you're being specific.
I don't think you're trying to "diss" Minecraft either and I'm not trying to defend it from that angle. I just think your assesment/summary is lacking/wrong; it's just not essentially lego anymore. But I think that's a pretty popular opinion and there's where I'm coming from in my distinction.

I didn't even mention a bug but...
Ahh I thought you had with the mention of the patchnotes and wiki lists but I see now that could all be about features. I was lazily responding sentence by sentence without quoting.

wishlist

I just don't see your wishlist as half finished ideas.

biome transitions -this is less abrupt than it was but still not great
new combat
something after diamonds other than crazy machines -derp
loot variety -there is dungeon type loot variation
graphics -derp
tutorials
-I don't think going to a wiki or watching youtube videos is so bad, it's part of enjoying the game as a community which is that magic that drives purchases for games like TF2 and WoW, HL mods... They don't have tutorials either for the most part. Also some consider it more fun to discover the recipes and concepts yourself. It's kind of refreshing being in a game where you don't know everything, you start out stranded in a world that appears blank or lacking things to do that then actually has a ridiculous amount of possibilities (and mechanics).

The game doesn't need to be a CRPG. It's a sandbox made by one guy in java that kept getting added to. It would be cool to see someone take the genre if that's what it is and make it Skyrim production quality and I'm we've sure seen plenty of clones but we haven't seen that yet. But that's not this game, Minecraft, which is a complete game.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo