Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 18:15 WaltC

Art assets must giganormous and exceptionally varied, meaning we should see very little texture repetition throughout the game...and the heavy use of ram indicates they'll be doing a lot of texture preloading--which is fine by me as I'm in favor of any game that actually makes better use of my eight gigs...;)

One thing that encourages me about this game is that it really has not been overly promoted. Quarterly updates just to keep the game's name in the public venue are fine...it's the games that get splashed in our faces every other day that we have to watch with a great deal of skepticism until shipping day (eg, Diablo3, which I did not buy and never will because of its ridiculous always-on-line requirement made necessary by the game's design--40% client-side, 60% server-side(?) Horrors...What a disappointment that game turned out to be. Torchlight II, otoh, is tons of fun.)

This game has the potential to break like another Skyrim--if the game is just 75% as good as it looks...especially if it is released into a competitive vacuum. Hopefully Irrational has underplayed its cards so far as opposed to overplaying them!

It is well known that I do not make mistakes--so if you should happen across a mistake in anything I have written, be assured that I did not write it!

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo