Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

32. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 17:41 AngelicPenguin

descender wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 17:14:
"I thought that was terrific that they were taking advantage of current hardware."

That is certainly one way of looking at it. Another way to look at it is... why did it run so poorly on your dual core cpu?

It all has to do with how the game is programmed. Some games only use the physical cores they assign threads to, some just report CPU needs to the OS and have the OS handle the load balancing.

Crysis 2 is actually a perfect example of a game that is not threaded properly. It uses 3 cores (because it's an x360 coded game at heart) and does some weird load balancing for any more than that.

I'll take your word for it using 3, which certainly seems plausible since it ran better on a quad core which has 3. I don't know how that translates to not being threaded properly, however. Unless you are an engine programmer and crack open the source code, I don't see how one can make that claim from the outside.

This seems a bit off topic from Bioshock Infinite though.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo