Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: BioShock Infinite PC Details & Specs Jan 15, 2013, 16:45 AngelicPenguin

descender wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 16:31:
UE3 streams in textures at multiple detail levels... doesn't it? you see it as texture "pop-in". How much more noticeable is that pop-in going to take now that we have huge uncompressed textures to throw at it?

I understand that programming for multiple threads is "harder"... but a lot of it is built into the engire they purchased int he first place... in this case UE3 which has plenty of threading options available to programmers that rarely get used. It's not limited to just programming for "multiple cores" either. Lots of ports (GTA4 comes to mind) are severely CPU intensive for really no reason.

Most modern games that have graphics options allow you to set the texture detail - I'd assume this will as well. If your video card's memory is on the slow or small side, setting the texture quality to "full" or whatever they will call it will probably hurt.

I still don't really see the point in the multiple threads argument. When I saw that Crysis 2 performed MUCH better on a quad-core than a dual-core, I thought that was terrific that they were taking advantage of current hardware.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo