Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Evening Tech Bits Jan 15, 2013, 13:20 Verno

I'm not sure what's going wrong with Microsoft. It seems they only ever really copied other people and their product ranges today seem to follow the same pattern - maybe the pace of change is the problem, thank to the Internet (which Gates and Ballmer completely misread) releasing a me-too product a year after Apple/Google/etc just doesn't cut it any more.

They had innovations, their internal culture murdered them though. Look at their mobile/tablet efforts dating back over a decade. Almost all of their early issues were design related, battery tech was secondary as smartphones have proven people will put up with shitty battery life for functionality. They just kind of gave up on it until Apple arrived and set the stage. It's been rumored Ballmer himself has kiboshed a few promising products because he was playing politics with people aspiring to his job.

I think the bigger problem is the sheer size of Microsoft at this point. Former employees have ranted publicly about how stodgy and slow their infrastructure is. Constant meetings and too much middle management are also common complaints. Getting ahead in the company means satisfying managers individually instead of serving greater goals in the company.

This comment was edited on Jan 15, 2013, 13:27.

Playing: Dragon Age Inquisition, Far Cry 4, This War of Mine
Watching: Pioneer, Predestination, Homeland

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo