Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

9. Re: Ships Ahoy - Sir Hammerlock's Big Game Hunt Jan 15, 2013, 11:40 Creston

Beamer wrote on Jan 15, 2013, 11:24:
They hint at him being tragic, though. He clearly loves his daughter, he's just deranged. He thinks he's doing what's best for her (which coincidentally happens to be best for him), but there may be some cause for that, given what happened with her mother. Possibly.

Yeah, there are a few hints here and there, but it's actually those hints that feel more incongruous to me than the occasional weaker speech. I'm not saying they couldn't have gone that way, but they'd have had to really overhaul the whole story. The way it is now, any marginal sympathy you might feel for him is typically crushed within seconds because of something else he does.

Lilith makes it pretty clear that, yes, maybe he did need to do something to keep Angel's power from being a threat, but he did not need to enslave her and abuse her for his own power and benefit.

Some of his speeches did kill me, though. Whoever did the acting just nailed the role and deserves whatever stupid awards they give out. Claptrap killed me, too - I found the running joke of his loneliness, combined with his always-upbeat delivery, to be hysterical.

Dameon Clarke did Jack's voice, and he apparently has been doing VO work since the mid 90s. I agree that he was fantastic. I imagine the recording sessions with him were probably a blast to witness.

Claptrap, eh, the whole "minion" thing began to grate on me in a hurry, especially since two out of the four characters (Salvador and Zero) are cold-blooded killers and would fucking scrap the little piece of shit in a heartbeat once they got to Sanctuary (Salvador probably a lot earlier than that.)

It just felt stupid to me that they let Claptrap continue with that bullshit. You should have been able to shoot it and then it just drops that whole line of "I'm so much better than you!" nonsense.

I always found it weird that there are only 6 sirens in the universe at any given time and somehow they all end up on Pandora at the same time.

Yeah, I'm curious to see if they will extend that bit of lore. It was never present in BL1, it's only here through those Jack recordings that you learn of that. (Btw, that entire mission where you have to kill those four assassins who are after Lilith is hilarious. Jack's comments in that mission are just fantastic.)

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo