Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: etc., etc. Jan 15, 2013, 09:15 wtf_man

Actually... gun safety should be taught at a young age... I started teaching my daughter when she was 4, and bought her a .25 pistol that she could properly hold and chamber a round by herself (two very basic requirements before you start teaching a child how to handle a weapon). She is over 21 now and has attained marksman awards in the military, and is currently overseas.

Now whether this "NRA game" actually does this, is another issue. There is no substitute for supervised sessions at the range.

That's like anything else, though... one can't expect video games to do their parenting for them.

As for the unfortunate shooting... the mother was going to commit the son. Crazy people will get weapons no matter how much "control" there is. The difference is we live in liquid brain matter of mass media through 24/7 cable news and the Internet... so just about any shooting is more in your face.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo