Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

17. Re: Half-Life 2: Return to Ravenholm Screenshots Jan 15, 2013, 03:16 Evil Timmy

Valve has definitely been more interested in consoles since The Orange Box did well for them, and they'd be stupid not to target the PS4/X720 with any major update to Source. As a gamer, I'd also be happy to not see 75% of the triple-A titles be mottled grey-brown Unreal Engine 4 games, especially on the Xbox side of the fence, because that already happened with UE3. More like Smears of Bore, amirite?! But, seriously, the small drab levels with chest-height barriers that I get to COWER behind for a third of the game are not where I thought shooters would be, playing Deus Ex over a decade ago.

Since the prices I've seen floating around have all been in the $700+ plus range for the Steambox/Piston/whatever, it's not so much competition for the new generation of consoles as an easy way to get a living-room-friendly device that bridges the gap between powerful desktop and dead-simple console. They seem to be driving for that gap, targeting a younger generation that has seen consoles expand hugely in what they can do, and who wants even more than that, as their tastes and pocketbooks have grown. Seeing as LCD screens are pretty much everywhere now (I'm thinking of installing a third in the toilet bowl, the first two just don't let me absorb enough media in the 48 seconds I spend a day peeing), the idea of a small, portable gaming device that's also a powerful-enough PC, that I can plug in almost anywhere I go...that sounds pretty appealing. Now if only they could attach a screen to it and let me place it somewhere comfortable and convenient, like my lap...

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo