Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

39. Re: Edge: Valve, Mojang Jan 14, 2013, 16:35 Yosemite Sam

jdreyer wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 15:59:
Yosemite Sam wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 14:55:
I'm loving XCOM but thier codeing is shit, it has some pretty major flaws and theve been unable to remedy them. Teleport bugs, flanking bugs and the game has hardlocked my PS3 a few times, PSfckn3, theres no excuse for a game to not run flawlessly on a console, shit codeing.

Sorry to hear that. The game was rock solid for me on PC (40 hours played)

Valve IMO well deserves the number one spot, nobody in the business stands behind thier games like Valve does.

Valve is top 3 all time IMO, but they didn't do much in 2012.

Well locking up my PS3 is definatly the result of a shitty port but the teleport and flanking bugs are fundamental game flaws across all platforms. XCOM clearly could have used a few more months of polish before release, but they had a release date to accommodate, so it was pushed out the door early = IMO, no where near top dev.

I'd agree that Valve didnt release much this year but we are talking about devs in general not GOTY candidates. So I'd still give Valve top spot, they support thier products, they release because the game is ready and not because of another departments schedule and they continuously update and add free content to thier products. Heh I always think its funny when people talk about Valve time. Like its a bad thing that a developer will take whatever time is nessesary to make sure they release a quality finished product.

CIV4 MOD http://forums.civfanatics.com/showthread.php?t=326525

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo