Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Sunday Tech Bits Jan 14, 2013, 11:58 eRe4s3r

Meh computers is a sore spot for me.. I did an extremely stupid update back in the days. Now I am on a hexacore AMD 1090T... with 16GB ram and a mobo that can neither handle the RAM properly (at fully speed) nor my 512gb SSD. (it's about half as fast as it could be..) not even my GPU (pci-e 2.0 vs pci-e 3.0) and an X-FI Audio (now you can laugh, but this card still works, and I will not replace it with onboard sound, I have sadly a high-end but older 5.1 sound system so no optical digital input...

And now the cpu fan is starting to make squeaky noises (you know how it is with AMD standard fans.. I absolutely hated them back in the days, it is always the -1- fan in my PC that breaks. ALWAYS.

I wish there was some way to just.. sell the PC without HDD's and GPU. But here in Germany I have no idea how to even APPROACH selling a PC that has some parts but not all parts (GPU and HDD would be missing). There is no market for it! Modern desktop PC's are so cheap nobody is buying old PC's...

I sound like a old person damnit! But I don't wanna throw away a 6 core CPU that still can handle everything on the planet (except Planetside 2)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo