Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

29. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 14, 2013, 11:03 Creston

Jivaro wrote on Jan 14, 2013, 10:43:
At the same time, I have been doubting that Atlanta was for real all season. I think it is safe to say now that they are for real.

Funny, I had the exact opposite reaction after watching them choke away a 20 point lead in the 2nd half. Lots of very knowledgeable NFL people (not the ESPN dildos, but actually smart football people) have been saying that Atlanta's basically the worst 13-3 team ever, and I think it pretty much showed yesterday.

Yes, Matt Ryan had an incredible 2 play drive to get his team into field goal range, and I'm not going to downplay what they did in the first half, but a good team doesn't choke away a 20 point lead. A good team does what the Pats did. Up 17-3, opponent TD, bad drive, opponent field goal, suddenly you're only up by 4. Half time. Come back out, drive down the field, put the fucking dagger in and score a TD.

Every time that Ryan got the ball again in the 2nd half, he looked like a deer caught in the headlights. He genuinely looked panicked several times, as if he was thinking "oh god, don't get me the ball again!!!"

I heard a lot of people moaning about the Falcons' defense, but it's not their fault that they're giving up TDs when they've been forced to be on the field the ENTIRE second fucking half. Matt Ryan gave them like 50 second reprieves and then, hey, another 4 and 12, back on the field, guys!

No defense can keep that up.

So 49'ers vs Falcons? I think Vegas can't make that line high enough. (in SF's favor.)

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo