Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

6. Re: Sunday Metaverse Jan 13, 2013, 22:04 Parallax Abstraction

Beamer wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 20:06:
Parallax Abstraction wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 15:04:
Beelzebud wrote on Jan 13, 2013, 13:54:
Funny how much can change in 2 years. 2 years ago many supposedly wise people were predicting that Zynga was "the future of PC gaming", and were proclaiming that gaming on a PC would forever be the domain of grandma playing Farmville on Facebook.

Shows you just how useless the majority of "analysts" are. Most of the time, they're just getting paid large sums of money to talk out of their asses. Pachter and Dent are prime examples of this.

It wasn't just analysts. Were you at GDC 2009? Or was it 2010? Whichever the case, every single panel talked about Zynga. Every single one. Developers, not analysts, were falling all over themselves to figure out how to be more like Zynga, or how to go to Zynga (look at all the amazing PC developers that flocked there. Half the Civ 2-4 teams!)

Oh don't get me wrong, I'm not saying only analysts were pumping the Kool-Aid. They may have started the ball rolling and much like the financial collapse, continued to pimp the company as a sure bet until reality made it impossible but a lot of other people drank the Kool-Aid wholesale. The same reckoning's coming to the mobile space soon in my opinion. Not in the same way since mobile still has a bunch of nimble indie developers in it but the Rovios and ngmocos of the world are going to get a similar reality gut check before too long, I'm certain of it. Gold rushes always run dry eventually.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo