Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

4. Re: Steam Top 10 Jan 13, 2013, 14:06 Kosh401

I think ARMA is going to remain very niched among gamers because the vast majority of ARMA II sales at this point are to gain access to the free DayZ mod.

The ARMA brand recognition is unarguably much higher than ever before as a result of DayZ and that will probably help ARMA III's sales to some degree. Also assuming there is at least a small portion of DayZ players that tried out AND enjoyed ARMA II itself, it should be good for the franchise. However, many DayZ players give the ARMA II engine a shit-kicking over its unfriendly UI and mechanics. So it remains to be seen how it all plays out for ARMA III.

Once the DayZ standalone is out, I expect it to be in Steam's top 10 and ARMA II will completely drop out from it. Even this could be good for ARMA though, as it will keep Bohemia well funded.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo