Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

40. Re: RE: Follow up Jan 13, 2013, 12:43 UConnBBall

Huh?

Didn't someone say he was a brilliant person and what happened was a shame? I thought the same, he was railroaded because of who he is/was. Who's ridiculing who here?

Also I never said suicide was an answer it is a selfish jerk move and sad.

Quotes of Stupidity from this thread:

"Never heard of him. If he was so bright he would be alive"

"who cares? if you are looking for a reason to cry, you can find a million billion and more without having to resort to moaning about some quasi-celebrity

btw - that kind of melodramatic sentimental bullshit doesnt make you ethically superior to everyone else:

"
While I think Swartz was basically railroaded by the feds, I'm getting sick of the usual suspects already trying to turn him into some sort of a martyr. He misappropriated MIT's network in such a way that he could have inadvertently become a useful idiot to somebody doing something truly malicious, and probably deserved to spend time behind bars for his sheer stupidity.

That being said, should he have been facing decades in jail and been gagged from even being able to solicit funds for a legal defense? Absolutely not. Dumb is not the same as evil, and the federal prosecutors really botched this"

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo