Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

94. Re: Op Ed Jan 12, 2013, 19:45 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 18:45:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 16:19:
are other ways to treat mental health in a more positive manner, be it therapy, outreach programs, or devising better ways to keep those who are full on mental out of society in the first place. etc, rather than be pill subscription happy and sending these highly troubled people on their way to shooting up a school because they're not getting the proper help or diagnosis. Granted that might piss off the pharmaceutical companies however who have quite the lobbyists themselves however.

There's alot of other avenues to look at actually treating the symptoms rather than going after inanimate objects, in this case guns, or video games a a feel good band aid and something to lay the blame on.

But that isn't a solution. You still need to say who is going to come up with. Who will enforce it? What measures will there be? How will we know when pills are still right? How do you know pills aren't?

What you're doing is saying "the problem is some people are bad. If people decided not to be bad, we'd be ok." Great. Still not a solution.

I didn't say it was an outright solution but you have to start somewhere. And things like that would be a far better start than banning clip sizes or semi automatics because those two things won't affect anything at all.

What's your solution? What have the anti gun people offered up that will actually affect anything?

And really stop twisting my words to suit your stance that guns are the issue. As cliche as it is at this point inanimate objects don't decide for people. People still pull the trigger. As much as you hate it when I bring up personal responsibility it doesn't make it any less true.

You do this all the time Beamer, someone offers suggestions be it on spending cuts, or whatever else and your default answer is "That's not a solution" without ever offering up any realistic solutions of your own

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo