Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

91. Re: Op Ed Jan 12, 2013, 16:19 RollinThundr

Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 16:04:
RollinThundr wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 15:36:
Beamer wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 13:00:
WinterMadness wrote on Jan 12, 2013, 11:29:
All of you anti-gun people will be the FIRST ones to complain when the "gubmint" comes after something that you like that is deemed to be "harmful to society". Tthe erosion of freedom in our country sickens me, all in the name of "protecting the innocent". All of this uproar over assault weapons when the FBI crime statistics for 2011 showed 323 deaths by rifles in the USA and that is ALL types of rifles, not just AR's. There were 6220 deaths by handguns which will be the NEXT thing they come after once they have banned AR's. Then it will continue with whatever other weapon they deem is dangerous. Contrast that with Planned Parenthood releasing their statistics for 2011, 334,000 unborn babies killed but THAT's AOK with the loony left! Call us crazy but the real reason for the 2nd amendment was to prevent a tyrannical govt from taking ALL power away from the people, just read some of the founding father's writings on the subject. Wake the fuck up you morons,, you will be the reason we become a fascist nation. In closing, MOLON LABE, come take it motherfuckers...

Officially derailed by nonsense.

I dunno I don't think he's too far off, liberals are in an uproar about automatic weapons when there's about 100 times more deaths from handguns. So what comes after banning riffles and AR's when it doesn't affect anything? Easy, you'll go after handguns. Like I keep saying kneejerk reactions over one incident are just that, they don't solve anything.

I love how documented numbers are nonsense unless they support your side. librul logic Dizzy

I meant the planned parenthood part. Comparing school shootings to abortions is pretty asinine.

I don't know, I don't recall having mentioned assault rifles here. I mentioned high capacity clips. Assault rifles seem somewhat moot, because they're still semi-automatic.

But it's standard for you - unable to actually parse arguments anyone makes, instead classifying them as "Liberal" or "Not Liberal," and if "Liberal" then "Argument = Piers Morgan." You're a riot. You're wholly unable to believe someone has points of view that don't match what other, larger, classified groups think.

And you STILL haven't offered a solution. You just say "mental health!" as if it's a solution. There's been zero critical thought coming from you. Identifying problems is something a first grader can do. Turning them into solutions is something a bit more problematic, and something you've yet to even offer.

For as much as people pull the it isn't "right vs. left" argument, it really is a question of different ideologies. I'm not sure why he threw the abortion thing in there, that's a whole other ball of wax on it's own.

What I said was maybe there are other ways to treat mental health in a more positive manner, be it therapy, outreach programs, or devising better ways to keep those who are full on mental out of society in the first place. etc, rather than be pill subscription happy and sending these highly troubled people on their way to shooting up a school because they're not getting the proper help or diagnosis. Granted that might piss off the pharmaceutical companies however who have quite the lobbyists themselves however.

There's alot of other avenues to look at actually treating the symptoms rather than going after inanimate objects, in this case guns, or video games a a feel good band aid and something to lay the blame on.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo