Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

28. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 12:39 RollinThundr

Cutter wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 12:31:
sauron wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 12:03:
Mass exterminations in totalitarian regimes have nothing at all to do with arms control in the US. What on earth are you thinking?

He doesn't think, he reacts. Particularly when he forgets to wear his tinfoil hat. Yes, I can see how well the average U.S. citizen would be defended from the entire U.S. military if it brought its entire weight to bear on the populace. Tanks, jets, missiles, drones, etc. oh yeah, fending them off with a few guns should be a cakewalk. And he's wrong as usual, plenty of people had guns back then, they were just outweighed by more people with more and bigger guns. Having guns certainly didn't help Cambodia when Nixon decided to engage in the illegal bombing of Laos, Cambodia and Thailand that killed and estimated 2 million people. Which proves my point entirely.

Meanwhile, back in reality...I'm a firm believer that guns aren't the problem. I do not believe anyone has a right to bear guns anymore than they have a right to drive - it's a privilege. If your argument is hunting then learn how to bow hunt. And people like RT are living proof there are far too many kooks and wackos out there with guns. How thorough is a background check when the feds are running 14,000 of them per day? I think psych tests should be mandatory to weed out potential psychopaths. Fines and punishment related to firearms misuse should be extremely stiff. In possession of or used in a crime should be an automatic 10 years for a first offense. Create a strong enough deterrent and then only the most hardcore outlaws will risk it.

The fact is guns do kill - that's their entire purpose - and they do it remarkably well. Just look at that knife attack in the school in China that same day as Sandy Hook. You can always run away or fight back against a knife or a club, not so with a gun. America's culture of pervasive paranoia is the true culprit though. That's why other countries have almost as many guns per capita and none of the gun violence. So until that changes nothing else will change regardless of what's banned or not.

health care is a right, living wages are a right, having the means to protect yourself is a privilege. liberal logic.

I already said why the 2nd amendment is there, and it's not for hunting. PEOPLE kill, a gun is a tool, much like a knife, axe, or sword is a tool.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo