Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Op Ed Jan 11, 2013, 11:21 Mashiki Amiketo

sauron wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 09:58:

In both the UK and Australia, strict gun controls were put in place following early occurrences of mass killings involving assault weapons. As a result, similar events have not occurred since. The US has not done the same, and so these horrible crimes keep happening.

Not true. In the UK mass killings happened again afterwords, and they also disarmed the police. And while the guy wandered around shooting people, it took them several hours to finally subdue him. Australia wasn't so much a part of the studies I did a few years back, but I do remember a heavy correlation after the loss of firearms a serious rise in violent crime and violent B&E a trend which is still rising.

Then again, anyone who uses the catch phrase "assault weapon" is probably just following the narrative. Being realistic, the media have more to blame than guns(an inanimate object) or the NRA. The media are willing to run with it, give it publicly, splash the person all over the place and give them recognition and infamy(in the other persons mind fame). Besides, if you're going to blame the NRA for anything, then you'd best blame the ACLU for anything free speech related.

And you might as well just piss all over that founding document while you're at it.

--
"For every human problem,
there is a neat, simple solution;
and it is always wrong."
--H.L. Mencken

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo