Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

48. Re: Cyberpunk 2077 Trailer - New CDR Reveal Next Month? Jan 11, 2013, 09:26 ItBurn

theyarecomingforyou wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 09:05:
Jerykk wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 03:14:
Honestly, I don't think 1080p will even be standard for most next-gen games. The current gen is perfectly capable of running games at 1080p but developers choose to focus on using higher quality assets instead. Hell, many games don't even run at 720p. I suspect next-gen games will be no different, which is fine by me because the PC versions will still get the higher quality assets in addition to higher resolutions, AA and framerate.
I'd be very surprised if 1080p is not the minimum-resolution for next-gen consoles, as it would be the most obvious visual difference from the current-gen. They need it as a selling point. As for current-gen consoles, while there were many high profile games that were sub-720p (GTA4, Halo 3) and still lagged at times, due to optimisations Halo 4 was actually native 720p.

There's no point releasing a new generation of consoles if they're not going to substantially improve the graphics and 720p is one of the biggest fidelity bottlenecks at the moment. You may be right but I hope and suspect you are wrong.

These consoles need to support non-HD tvs, so the minimum will probably be the current minimum. To me running in 1080 is a STRICT minimum though, which is another reason I've been sticking to PC. If these new games don't all support 1080, it'll be ridiculous.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo