Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 11, 2013, 08:43 Verno

Rigs wrote on Jan 11, 2013, 07:31:
*sigh*

You guys are totally missing my point...

Err, I see what everyone else is saying and it makes sense, not sure what the problem is. First off $50 today is not $50 twenty years ago by any measure. The cost of development for AAA titles has exponentially increased while the cost of a game has remained relatively static. The boxed software and manufacturing cost savings from digital distribution has been offset by the increase in actual development costs. Games are incredibly expensive to make these days, I don't think you realize just how much a AAA title actually costs to deliver to market.

We already see a lot of cheap games on DD platforms, I can pick up a AAA title for $30 or less usually a month or two after release thanks to competition and heavy discounting outside of the 30 day release period.

The DDE argument doesn't make any sense, it's an optional SKU for gamers like us who want all the extras, not casual markets. Besides, most casual gamers buy a few games a year and aren't really impacted by it.

Personally I would much rather games be priced based on demand, I would pay $60 for something like FTL with a lot of replay value and maybe only $20 for the SP portion of the latest COD horseshit. Unfortunately most of the market values price stability instead to keep things affordable for others which is understandable.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Destiny, Fire Emblem
Watching: Continuum, Star Trek TNG, Haunt

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo