Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Oculus Rift Impressions Jan 11, 2013, 00:24 theyarecomingforyou

jdreyer wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 18:51:
This does sound really cool, though. I'd really love to try it out. I guess for an FPS, your head set becomes your mouse? So you'd aim with your head? And instead of a keyboard, you could use a controller for shooting and movement.
That would be terrible for accuracy. For it to work properly you'd need an interface that allows you to look with the VR and aim with a mouse / gamepad, or for it to have a degree of auto-aim dependent upon where you're looking. That's fine for singleplayer games but it wouldn't work for competitive shooters. However they implement it, game support will need to be more involved than simply using it as a replacement for your mouse.

Personally I'm really quite interested in this. I'd be willing to put up with some motion sickness if the immersion was there, as I like to be ahead of the curve with new technology. I'm most interested to see how it works with Star Citizen, because that for me is the definitive title for it at the moment. And I can imagine it working really well with an atmospheric game like Dear Esther.

SteamID: theyarecomingforyou
Star Citizen: Blue's News

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo