Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

21. Re: Path of Exile Open Beta This Month Jan 10, 2013, 15:38 Krizzen

The way I usually describe Path of Exile is a stark contrast to Diablo 3 in almost every way.

- Story is there if you want it, and it's not spoon fed or forced upon you
- Passive skill tree vs. Diablo 3's
- Gems are skills instead of simple stat boosts, and they can be linked with other skill gems to boost or modify the regular skill
- Dark atmosphere -- no ponies here!
- Dark dialog and style. Surely important characters won't die to butterfly magic in PoE
- Goldless economy. Even ID scrolls have value
- End game has variety via random maps that open portals to random dungeons. The maps can have modifiers like +20% item quality, or take constant chaos damage. Contrast this with Diablo 3's end game where you grind the exact same exact areas over and over without much randomization at all
- Crafting is meaningful though costly, and in my opinion, rightly so
- PVP is in
- Competitive and rewarding ladders with interesting game modes like cutthroat where you can PK anyone and take their items
- Ridiculously passionate developers who are ALWAYS in touch with the community. It's not uncommon for the lead developer to drop in and chat with players from time to time
- Lots and LOTS of viable builds. While there are always a few cookie cutter builds, there are just way too many viable options it's mindblowing. Definitely not spin2win like in Diablo 3
- Developers are very much against pay-to-win, but extra stash tabs are really cool =)
- Free vs. $60

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo