Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

26. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 10, 2013, 13:44 Creston

eRe4s3r wrote on Jan 10, 2013, 13:31:
Just to get something right, you have health insurance I assume? does it not take pay the wage you lost for a set amount of sick-days? Because this is quite literally why employers here usually don't have to go to work with a flu, though they'll have to see a doctor to get .. what you call it, proof?

No, it doesn't. There is a supplemental insurance you can buy that would pay you if you're sick. The most well-known of those is AFLAC, though it's more known for its commercials (which are usually pretty hilarious) than for its actual product. There are so many buts and ifs to their policy that you practically have to be dead before they start paying you.

If your sick days are not paid by your insurance.. then one wonders wtf you are having insurance for, honestly. Because health insurance shouldn't just cover medical stuff, obviously being ill has an economic effect that it has to cover as well, or you just end up being punished for being ill.

We have insurance because otherwise going to the hospital for a few days will wipe you out financially. Friends of mine had their twin children six years ago, and they are STILL paying off their hospital bills from her several week visit. (and will be for the next dozen years or more.)

Creston

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo