Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

34. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 9, 2013, 17:54 Orphic Resonance

Creston wrote on Jan 9, 2013, 15:22:
Yeah, I realize it's tough if not almost impossible to go against her instinct. I can't get my Blue Heeler to stop trying to herd me when I walk her, no matter what I try. That's just what she is.

its just an excuse.. like "we're only human".. its rationalization, plain and simple

what it takes is relentless consistency, and yeh i know most people have no conception of that beyond some kind of idealistic fantasy they assume is automatically unattainable... but i can assure you its not

dogs do have the ability to listen to you instead of their self-serving instincts, even if they reflexively "do their thing" for a moment, they can still respond after the fact.. unless they simply wont listen to you at all, except in fair-weather conditions

thats the true test of being a "pack leader", because ultimately the dog's instinct is to follow the alpha, not do their own thing and fuck everything else - thats the world of human pets - for dogs its not really as natural as being part of the team

so you have to be able to tune into that level of instinct instead, but then again humans are so removed from their own instincts that it ends up being a serious challenge.. but thats not the dogs problem.. thats your problem

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo