Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

2. Re: More on Steam Hardware Jan 8, 2013, 21:53 Parallax Abstraction

MuzixMon wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 21:30:
If these new boxes are Linux based will they still work with games designed for Windows? Or will there be a limited selection of titles until more support for Linux based games? I'm glad they aren't using a Microsoft OS, after what MS did to PC gaming they don't deserve one red cent from us.

There's some limited ability to emulate the stuff needed for Windows games in Linux but it's just that, limited. The hardware that's been shown in a lot of these tiny concept PCs wouldn't be up to it. Unless you were to install Windows on them yourself or Valve manages to entice a lot of big developers to step into the nightmare that is high-end gaming on Linux (which I highly doubt), it will greatly limit the number of titles you'll have access to.

Parallax Abstraction
Geek Bravado | YouTube (Watch/Rate/Comment on my shows!)

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo