Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

16. Re: Out of the Blue Jan 8, 2013, 18:38 Cutter

Haha! No, it was talking on a cell phone while driving - which I wasn't anyway - and forgetting to renew my validation sticker. Anyway, due to institutional delays it was 20 months before my trial first came to court which was a default stay based on a right to trial within a reasonable time - known as 11b in Canada. Further, at this time I asked for a preliminary motion to stay the charges at that time which was denied to me - they said I couldn't do it, when in fact I could as I cited under the "Rules of Court" under the Courts of Justice Act. I then told the prosecutor if she didn't withdraw the charges that I would be filing a grievance with the law society that my right to a fair trial had been invalidated by procedural errors on the prosecutor's part - in short, she didn't know the law or was being disingenuous at best in order to try and coerce me into into a plea to a lesser charge. She disagreed and I told her 'Fine, we'll let the judge make a ruling on that.' So then she made me sat there until the end - getting her little jab in - before withdrawing the charges. It was pretty sweet.

"Bye weeks? Bronko Nagurski didn't get no bye weeks, and now he's deadů Well, maybe they're a good thing." - Moe

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo