Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: XCOM: Enemy Unknown Free Second Wave DLC Jan 8, 2013, 15:43 AngelicPenguin

Tanto Edge wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 12:20:
Yippedee fuckin' doo.

How about unfucking the point values and letting people take more during the fights, instead of less.
Goofy goddamned bullshit.
"Hey this is a fun game."
"You're right. Let's fix that."

Just for the record, I don't have a problem with this patch bringing the Second Wave to life. It's nice to see them giving enough of a shit that they released a third patch.

My problem is and will always be their point value rape, where suddenly my build isn't just not allowed, but all the gear is now ridiculously expensive, while everything else is unimproved and dirt cheap.

In multiplayer matches, about half the aliens are avoided, and the other half are shits and giggles (griefing support).
Yet instead of increasing the usefulness of those critters, they nerf the useful and interesting gear.

Nobody takes Mutons, but it's only 3800 points for an Elite Muton!
Critters don't take gear (no mindshield) but they come with a 1500 point grenade!

Allowing aliens to equip gear, to level up and down, at the cost of points would mean a massive variety of gameplay options, and strategies.
A balancing nightmare? Fuck so be it, at least there's some fucking options.
At least I'm not going to be another squad of plasma toting fucktards, going against a squad of plasma toting fucktards.

Unbalanced isn't instantly a bad thing. Games aren't always balanced. Sometimes you win and sometimes you lose on the roll of the dice.

For those unfamiliar with the multiplayer in this game, mind elaborating? Are you saying all multiplayer games use the same alien setups?

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo