Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

30. Re: More Big Picture Details Jan 8, 2013, 15:34 Verno

descender wrote on Jan 8, 2013, 15:22:
This is the same exact reason that PC sales are stagnate. There has been NO REASON for people to upgrade all of the Core2Duo's and such that have been sold for the last 5-6 years, because the software has become stagnate.

Yep, people have been saying this for awhile. Software isn't driving hardware anymore, the only area that does that is gaming.

The "home PC' are dying" crowd is hilarious. People are just starting to really integrate them into HT systems, and soon whole-home PC's with attachable "screens" will become the norm.

I don't really care if my PC is an immobile "desktop" or a small form factor to be honest. I just want expandability and customization intact, I could care less if it moves around or not. As long as it runs what I need without issues then I'm fine. Currently no tablet or laptop does this sufficiently and I don't see that changing any time soon. The casual user is fine with a consumption device like a tablet and that's fine for them but there's still a large market that is not well served. Different products for different needs.

Playing: Shadow of Mordor, Peggle 2, TIE Fighter
Watching: Capturing the Friedmans, The Jungle, Person of Interest

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo