Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:
Greenbelt, MD 08/22

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

20. Re: Steam Hardware Jan 8, 2013, 13:48 SmyTTor

Far be it from me to interrupt someone's self-delusional 'only I have vision' rant, but battery technology is nowhere near able to support casual gaming much less what regularly runs on current generation consoles and PCs. And pretty much, no one is going to want to tone down their "WOW" factor. I'm not even going to ponder the time and costs it would take to further miniaturize processor fabrication to come close to the amount of horsepower needed to run the most popular games.

Even with the possibility of the nascent low-latency bluetooth compression routines, there will still be way too much lag time streaming video and sound to external devices. It simply is not conducive to multiplayer gaming and there is only the faintest hint of a promise of seeing something within the next two decades.

I'm not knocking people that like "Angry Birds", but that's not exactly what most gamers hold as the standard of gaming, but it is close to the pinnacle of what is achievable today and the foreseeable future.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo