Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

8. Re: Evening Consolidation Jan 7, 2013, 21:31 Verno

Reikon wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 21:26:
Not bothering to read the clickbait article, but MS' "Xbox" division includes their phones too, which is the real money loser. Xbox is the thing that's keeping that division from performing even worse.

Sure but they had pretty massive R&D costs and huge expenses related to the RROD and etc. I'm pretty sure the 360 was losing money for a long time either way, I think the end of 2011 was when they confirmed they could sell the hardware at a profit finally after expenses.

It's been awhile since I bothered to look though so *shrug*. I think the division as a whole has been profitable since 2009 but I forget exactly what else they include in there.

It was probably a grand strategy back then, no one could have predicted we'd have cheap Android consoles, tablets, smartphones and etc all vying for living room attention.

This comment was edited on Jan 7, 2013, 21:38.

Playing: Divinity Original Sin, Infamous Second Son, Madden
Watching: Spartan, Possible Worlds, The Changeling

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

.. .. ..

Blue's News logo