Send News. Want a reply? Read this. More in the FAQ.   News Forum - All Forums - Mobile - PDA - RSS Headlines  RSS Headlines   Twitter  Twitter
Customize
User Settings
Styles:
LAN Parties
Upcoming one-time events:

Regularly scheduled events

Report this Comment
Use this form to report the selected comment to the moderators. Reporting should generally be used only if the comment breaks forum rules.

24. Re: Morning Consolidation Jan 7, 2013, 20:51 RollinThundr

Axis wrote on Jan 7, 2013, 20:29:
No, on paper Wii U looks sub par, you just contradicted your earlier statements of the wii u being:
"what's essentially a last gen if not more console" and
"Specs wise the Wii, and Wii U are last gen tech. Facts are facts."

In practice the games look and play better than the ps3/360, and devs have a long way to go before 'knowing' the system (consoles always have that learning refinement, fact of life in devtown). My son has had a 360, ps3, and wii for years, it's obvious the Wii U blows the them away in many ways -- even in it's honeymoon state with the half a dozen games we have on it.

Also Wii U has a great fun and casual feel which is extremely refreshing. The Miiverse is teeming with positive and happy - unlike the majority of doldrum pissy kids on xbox.

All consoles are for all ages, and all are casual. 'Hardcore gamers' don't piss around with anything "console", and age doesn't matter.

My 9 year old casual quake gamer makes 'hardcore' console gamers look like flailing babies... also regardless of their adult status

I meant in general specs for a system can look great on paper, it's what developers do with the dev kits that matters. Granted it's early in the Wii U's life cycle but still, for the types of games I play, I'll stick with the PC and PS3, I'm just not interested in Nintendo franchises anymore.

Now please don't take that as "Nintendo sucks" because that's not at all what I'm saying, I'm just not into their stuff anymore like I was 20 years ago.

Subject

Optional
Login Email   Password Remember Me
If you don't already have a Blue's News user account, you can sign up here.
Forgotten your password? Click here.

footer

Blue's News logo